Friday, August 03, 2007

The Battle of the Mountains

My blog is about a Tongariro Legend. Pine Hill School has been learning about the volcanoes in the Tongariro area of New Zealand and I did my blog about a legend because I wanted to learn more about legends and the volcanoes. It is part of the Inquiry process called going further with my learning.

The Battle of the Mountains

The Battle of the Mountains is about Tongariro, Tauhara and Pautuaki and lovely Pihanga. Pihanga was the girl they all loved. The war began when the two youngest went to the east. Tauhara looked back to see the lovely Pihanga. He went to Lake Taupo. Tongariro always let out a blood scream to his brother Tauhara. Tauhara felt so sad when he remembered the childhood time they played every day. Now they stand side by side.

by Mikayla

1 comment:

Mel Jewiss said...

Hi Mikayla,
It was great to see you choose to write a blog to share your going further information with others. Next time I would like to see you adding more information and making this information very clear. I found it a bit tricky to follow the Legend. Do you think other readers will know these mountains are volcanoes?
Mrs J